Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I want a seat...

"The men and women who desire to obtain seats in the celestial kingdom will find that they must battle with the enemy of all righteousness every day." -Brigham Young

Are you prepared for the battle today? Were your children shielded with armor as they walked out to battle this morning? It is a daily battle but a battle that we can win by putting on the armor of God and always being prepared for even the slightest blows by the adversary. Let us remember the seat that awaits us if we battle with all of our might. Good luck with your battle today...I'm going to go fight mine.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

I like this. Great blurb.

Ashlee said...

Thank you for sharing this quote today Paige. The image of doing battle is so motivating to me. It brings tears to my eyes when I think of what is at stake. Also, I appreciated the quote you posted from Elder Bednar as well. You're right... that one is a thinker. Thanks for giving me some great things to think about as I go about my battle today :)

Shawnie Cannon said...

It is SO TRUE! I was just contemplating Russell M. Nelson's quote:

"This war in heaven was not a war of bloodshed. It was a war of conflicting ideas—the beginning of contention."

I've also heard the war in heaven described as a "war of words". Did this war ever really end? We face the same foes still. And it is relentless.

Thanks for this reminder about my own children.

Shawnie Cannon said...

I just put you on my blogroll. Love your site!

http://classicmomscorner.blogspot.com/