Sunday, August 28, 2011

Your Insight Can Help...Pretty Please

So one of the most frequented pages on my blog is the page about becoming a member of the Church. Recently this caused me to search the terms "becoming a mormon", "becoming lds", and "becoming mormon" on Google and the results have me feeling like I'd like some input.  My blog came up as the first result in each of those cases which has me feeling a greater sense of responsibility and urgency in making that page the best it can be.  So please, please go check it out HERE and come back and leave a comment on this post of what suggestions you might have.   This isn't for me, it is for everyone who comes searching. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That's a big responsibility! I would read over the LDS sites and see their writing style and try to imitate that. For example, remember it's Latter-day Saints, not Latter-Day Saints. You'll also notice that the Church is careful to have short, concise sentences -- your readers may not speak English as their first language so it would be helpful to do a basic S-V sentence structure.

Good luck with this! What an incredible opportunity!

Unknown said...

p.s. Thx for your kind comments on D-and-D!

Rachel said...

I actually think that's a great page. I think it is a good site for people to come to. Congrats. Rachel

Anonymous said...

I think you have done a great job and this is a valuable resource. Liked how it was simple and you shared your testimony at the end.

Becca said...

The page looks fabulous! I ditto Laura - simple sentences are better.

Also, I would make a note which links go to official church websites, and which ones don't. And with the videos. I like to be extra careful with unofficial material related to the Church. Any time I can, I like to link to official Church videos/pages - just to make sure I'm not inadvertently spreading something that isn't 100% true. Adding a disclaimer that it isn't an official Church page can help make sure people don't think YOU think that information is official (even if it is accurate, and even if the website/video itself says that it is not an official Church publication).

I like the videos, by the way. Those are cute, and good for introducing people to the Church.

You have prompted me to start gearing some of my posts toward people who are interested in learning more about what it means to be LDS.