LDS Church News had this to say about the special edition:
You can find the full article at this link.
"The special-edition Ensign and Liahona will be available for purchase Oct. 1 at Church distribution centers. A digital version will be available online at LDS.org on Sept. 20. Subscribers will receive their monthly issues as usual."
"Members are encouraged to use the special issue in two ways," said Elder Paul B. Pieper of the Seventy and executive director of the Curriculum Department. "First, members and missionaries should review it for their personal edification and to strengthen their testimonies. Second, they should share the magazine with others, including less-active Church members and nonmembers."
Here is a list of just some of the things you will find in this special issue:
- First Presidency message by President Thomas S. Monson.
- Visiting teaching message by Sister Julie B. Beck, general Relief Society president.
- A new full-color Book of Mormon timeline.
- Full-page artwork.
- Sheet music for a new Book of Mormon-themed song called "Two Thousand Stripling Warriors," with music by Janice Kapp Perry and lyrics by Bonnie Hart Murray.
- Tips on using mobile devices for scripture study.
- President Ezra Taft Benson's classic address — "The Book of Mormon: Keystone of Our Religion."
- A new Book of Mormon-themed Mormon ad.
- Tips on how to study the Book of Mormon
- A side-by-side comparison of doctrinal passages from the Bible and Book of Mormon
- Commonly asked questions about the Book of Mormon and corresponding answers.