Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op


I know I can use a little help at eating better. I tend to gravitate toward sugary or salty foods when I want a snack when I know I really should grab an apple or some carrots instead and I know that I am not the only one who falls into this category. We talked about the Word of Wisdom on Sunday and it made me think that I can definitely do better at taking better care of my body. Well, this wonderful program may just help as long as you are ready for a whole lot of produce. We've tried it a few times and it was almost too much for our little family but we may try it again sometime but we will probably wait until after our own garden stops producing this summer.

So this is what it is - you pay $15 to get a ton of fruits and vegies, typically 6 kinds of each and a bunch of them. Each time they vary. One week you might get things like potatoes, carrots, grapes, and bananas and then the next time around you might get asparagus, corn, cherries, and limes (plus more of course). You pay on their site and then you have to come pick it up at a certain time, typically at a park or something like that. If you don't come on time or at all they will give your basket to a local fire station. You also have to bring your own container to carry your things home. It will fill up an entire laundry basket of fruits and vegies!

There are a ton of locations in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Texas (one), Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. I hope some of you get a chance to try it! Yum-Yum!

Anyway, if any of you are interested you can check the site out HERE.

Here are some other examples of what you might get:


No comments: