Sunday, February 27, 2011

Checking Back In

So it has been over a month since I last posted.  I honestly don't know what caused such a lengthy break.  There have been little snid-bits of extra happenings but nothing that would typically issue a month long hiatus but obviously it did.  So I hope that me "checking out" for a little while hasn't caused all of you to check out completely and that you might just consider revisiting my typical ramblings and thoughts. So here are a few of the latest happenings, random thoughts, or whatever floats my boat right now:


  • My little man turned 4. What, he is halfway to 8?  When did this happen?  It is amazing how quickly time passes by.
  • This week we have had a house full of sickies.  In fact right now I am missing church with my little one fast asleep.  Cold, cough, fever, and a handful of teeth coming in does not make for a happy munchkin.
  • I think I have been experiencing heartburn.  I have never had heartburn before so I am still in the figuring out stages.For all I know it may be something completely different.  Either way, not fun.
  • I need to go to the temple. Our temple is closing soon for renovations and I have been slacking as of recently.  The talks today in our Sacrament meeting were a great reminder of where my priorities should be.  It is time to reevaluate and get my priorities straight.
  • I love playing basketball.  I played in high school and have been playing stake ball lately and boy does it do something for me.  So fun!
  • I started reading (aha, my absence is clearer now) again.  I just finished reading the Chronicles of Narnia and quite enjoyed them.  I realize now that when the children were in bed instead of typing my thoughts here I would end up devouring several chapters in anticipation of what was going to happen next.  I started them at the beginning of January and flew through them.  I had forgotten how much I love to enter a different world through reading and my "ME" Time has been great for this.
  • I have become a crazy coupon lady and have found that Rite Aid is my friend.
  • My upcoming lesson in Relief Society is going to be on Charity.  I have already learned some new things and will be sure to share as more unfolds.
My little one is stirring and starting to cry.  Must be off.  

3 comments:

Chantele Sedgwick said...

It was good to talk to you today. :) I love your blog. So many great ideas! I hope your little one feels better. She looked so sad this morning. :( Thanks for stopping by my blog, and good luck with your books! You'll have to keep me updated if you hear anything. :)

Stephanie said...

Missed you. Glad you're back. I started playing Stake Basketball too, and it is fun, even though I'm always sore the next day. :)

Brooke Jones said...

Glad you're back! I was about to call and see if you were sick and prego:)