Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Week of Christmas Scripture Readings


Well, I posted something similar to this a few days ago - it was a 12 day scripture reading. I have used that same list of scriptures but omitted a few and condensed the number of verses on some of them which is great for younger families.

We are starting our reading tonight so if you want to join the fun I have the dates listed along with the verses for that night and a song from the Children's songbook.

We are also using cutouts of the nativity scene to tape on our wall throughout the week. By the end of the week we should have the whole scene complete. I can't find the site where I got ours but there are nativity cutouts all over the internet.

December 18 - Mary is visited by Angel Gabriel
Luke 1:26, 30-32
That Nativity Song pg. 52
Tape Mary and the Angel on the wall.

December 19 - Baby Jesus is born.
Luke 2:1, 4-7
Away in a Manger pg. 42
Tape Baby Jesus and Joseph on the wall.

December 20 - Signs of His birth.
Helaman 14:2-6
Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus pg. 36
Tape the Star on the wall.

December 21 - Shepherds
Luke 2:8-14
Stars were Gleaming pg. 37
Tape the Shepherds on the wall.

December 22 - Wisemen
Matthew 2:1-5, 10-12
Beautiful Savior pg. 62 (This isn't a Christmas song but we love this song.)
Tape the Wisemen on the wall.

December 23 - Jesus came into the World to Perfrom the Atonement for us.
2 Nephi 9:20-21
He sent His Son pg. 34
Display a picture of the Atonement and talk about it.

December 24 - Names of Christ
Isaiah 9:6
Listen to "For Unto us a Child is Born" as we tape the different names and titles of the Savior on the wall surrounding a picture of the Savior.
Talk about how the Savior us done so much for us - He is our Savior, our Redeemer, our Examplar, our Friend, etc. - and that we should give something to Him this next year. Then write down your gift to the Savior (if you go to this link it explains this further under number 5).

Christmas Day - Watch the Nativity Video

So that is our week worth of Christmas scripture reading. I hope it helps some...I know I am excited to try it out. Our little toddler has been wavering a little on paying attention during scripture time. I hope that this week will be different - I'm crossing my fingers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea! My hubby and I just both got out of the hospital, and don't have much energy. But I really like what you're doing. Thanks for posting about it.

I just dropped by to invite you to join me on Neighborhood and Friends, a great new social network for the discerning Latter-day Saint, where we gather to socialize, enjoy music, books, recipes, sports and more, all in a clean, safe environment. I'd love to see you there!

Raymond Teodo a.k.a. was_bedeutet_jemanden said...

This is a really great blog site you have set up! :-)

I have added you on my followers list, and I have also added a link to your blog page on my blog page: http://bring-the-world-his-truth.blogspot.com/