Thursday, November 6, 2008

Operation NICE

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

So my sister pointed me in the direction of this blog. It is filled with experiences of others' acts of kindness as well as assignments to do specific NICE things. I really enjoyed the site and thought I would share it here---->Operation NICE

I also like the kindness corner at one of my favorite websites, Sugardoodle.com---> Kindness Corner.


Reading these sites made me think of this thought provoking hymn - Have I Done Any Good?


1. Have I done any good in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need? Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad? If not, I have failed indeed. Has anyone’s burden been lighter today Because I was willing to share? Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way? When they needed my help was I there?

[Chorus] Then wake up and do something more Than dream of your mansion above. Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, A blessing of duty and love.

2. There are chances for work all around just now, Opportunities right in our way. Do not let them pass by, saying, “Sometime I’ll try,” But go and do something today.’ Tis noble of man to work and to give; Love’s labor has merit alone. Only he who does something helps others to live. To God each good work will be known.

[Chorus] Then wake up and do something more Than dream of your mansion above. Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, A blessing of duty and love.

Text and music: Will L. Thompson, 1847–1909, alt.


There are opportunities right in our way so let's wake up and do something more - let's go and do something today.

1 comment:

Mom B said...

Loved this post. Like Sister Elaine Jack suggested - put BE KIND at the top of your to do list.