Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Soul-Destroying Termites

In the past I have pondered the significance of doing the small and simple things which I have always looked at as the positive and important things we've been asked to do which isn't necessarily a bad thing but then I read this quote and saw small and simple things in a new light.

"Small and simple things can be negative and destructive to a person’s salvation. A series of seemingly small but incorrect choices can become those little soul-destroying termites that eat away at the foundations of our testimony until, before we are aware, we may be brought near to spiritual and moral destruction." - M. Russell Ballard

The choices may be small, they may be simple, they may be little, BUT then Elder Ballard says they are DESTROYING our souls.

Let us be watchful so that we may see when these destroying termites are lurking near and push them away with all of our might.

Let us follow the counsel of Mosiah 4:30: Watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord.

2 comments:

Devon said...

Boy, that is so true. I woke up after 2 years of not doing anything 'bad', but I let those termites get in there, and they had a heyday. I am slowly coming back.

Stephanie said...

I had really similar thoughts today about weeds as I was working in my flower bed. Things can go bad so quickly when we're lazy or not paying attention.