Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mormonad - Down on Yourself

How often do you find yourself feeling down? Just a few weeks ago I was feeling low. I wasn't being my usual self and I was pulling my usual self down. I think that we all have days or even weeks like this so I thought that this post would be a good reminder of how the things that make us unique are wonderful and that we are all Children of God and have great potential.



COMPARING OURSELVES TO OTHERS
“Comparing yourself to others can … result in either feelings of inferiority or superiority. … Accept yourself as the unique person that you are without comparing yourself to others. Doing this will help you love yourself properly without conceit” (Clark Swain, “Q & A,” New Era, Mar. 1979, p. 38) and I would also add that it will help you love yourself without being "down on yourself".

Q&A in the New Era: I have a bad habit of comparing myself to others. I know I’m being unfair to myself, and it makes me discouraged. How can I stop? To find out some answers to this question click here.

REALIZE YOUR FULL POTENTIAL - click HERE for full talk
With all my capacity I encourage you to discover who you really are. I invite you to look beyond the daily routine of life. I urge you to discern through the Spirit your divinely given capacities. I exhort you to prayerfully make worthy choices that will lead you to realize your full potential (Richard G. Scott, “Realize Your Full Potential,” Liahona, Nov 2003, 41–43).

I love the story of "The Ugly Duckling" He was different than the others but his potential was immense. Enjoy the video below.


The Ugly Duckling - Disney Silly Symphony


No comments: