Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mormonad - Lies

James E. Faust, “Honesty—a Moral Compass,” Ensign, Nov 1996, 41

"We all need to know what it means to be honest. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving...Honesty is a moral compass to guide us in our lives."

We are expected to be honest with others as well as honest with ourselves but I don't think it is unusual to find ourselves telling little white lies to others, to ourselves, to our children, or to our spouses. We live in a world where this has become common place. It is time to do as President Faust said and live truthfully. It doesn't take long for a little bit of yarn to create a big mess. So I give a challenge to us all to find an area in our lives where more honesty is needed.

This is an old Church Commercial (sorry it isn't great quality).
It is both entertaining and a good reminder to be honest.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with being honest. But is there too much honesty? For example; I just had a baby and am struggling to lose the weight, I ask my husband if he thinks that I look good in my jeans, the special jeans in which I feel beautiful and he smiles and tells me yes, because to him he knows that me feeling pretty is more important than the facts. Which is more important the truth or hurting someone you love? (obviously circumstances apply, as does the best judgment for the situation.)